Friday, April 16, 2010

Marketing 101: Book Expos

I recently published a cookbook. I did it through a publish on demand publisher. I write for a very niche genre. It is very hard to find a publisher most times to cover what I write. I am lucky that they offer publishing for free through Lulu.com You can elect not to use some services if you chose.

I signed up for a book expo next month. It had cost me a registration fee to become a part of it. I decided it was well worth the price. I do not have to be present at the expo.

I look forward to seeing what happens after the book expo. It should be interesting how people react to my book. I know that it is different than the other books in the same genre were written. Hopefully, the others will see something interesting and different in my cookbook.